INFORM is a collaboration of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Reference Group on Risk, Early Warning and Preparedness and the European Commission. It develops a suite of quantitative, analytical products to support decision-making along the different stages of the disaster management cycle, specifically prevention, preparedness, and response. INFORM develops methodologies and tools for use at the global level and supports their application at subnational level.
The 29.03.22 Insight Moment will be delivered by the following speakers:
- Dr. Karmen Poljansek (JRC) - INFORM Suite.
- Dr. Karmen Poljansek works in a team of Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre at European Commission, Joint Research Center (Italy) focusing on methodology of disaster risk assessments tools to support EU policy. She is a scientific coordinator of INFORM development at JRC.
- Dr. Andrew Thow (OCHA) - Subnational programme of INFORM and Sahel INFORM subnational model.
- Dr. Andrew Thow works on quantitative methods for understanding crisis risk and severity in the Information Services Branch of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). He is coordinator of INFORM, a multi-stakeholder partnership for developing shared crisis analysis.
- Mrs. Galiya Ibragimova (UNDRR) - Development and implementation Central Asian and Caucasian and south-eastern Europe INFORM subnational models.
- Mrs. Galiya Ibragimova works for United Nations Disaster Risk Reduction Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia in a capacity of INFORM Data Management Regional Coordinator. She coordinates INFORM work at UNDRR in close cooperation with many partners working in humanitarian and development sectors, including Governments. She also has experience developing INFORM subnational models for 2 regions: Caucasus and Central Asia and Southeastern Europe.
- Mr. Luca Galimberti (JRC) - Prototype of INFORM subnational dashboard and other INFORM analytics.
- Dr. Luca Galimberti works on humanitarian quantitative and qualitative data analysis at the Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre at European Commission, Joint Research Center (Italy), he is visiting scientist of JRC INFORM team since 2021.
Join us for this Insight moment of the WG-RIUD on the March 29th from 14:30 to 15:30h (CET time).