Connective Cities in collaboration with GIDRM is organizing a learning process on Flood Management for Risk-Informed Urban Development (attached is the call for participation with more details about the process).
The thematic focus will be:
- Understanding and managing flood risk drivers.
- Green infrastructure and nature-based approaches for risk-informed solutions.
- Risk communication flows and good governance.
The objectives of the learning process are to:
- Support the participating cities/municipalities to develop solutions to address urban flooding. This shall be achieved through peer learning and customised technical advisory. Solutions will be in the form of action plans, strategies and/or project proposals.
- Provide a platform for exchange (practical examples and expert knowledge) by practitioners (from Sub-Sahara Africa and Germany).
- Provide financial advisory in readiness to submit proposals for funding.