NOTES FROM OUR CAPACITY BUILDING:
Destination Management Organisation
- Which kind of hotels/ restaurants/ sights are tourists visiting?
- Take the perspective of the guests = Market perspective
- Who are our customers? (families, day-tourists)
BUSINESS MODEL CANVAS VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoAOzMTLP5s
-.The following questions are relevant: Who we help? How to help? How do tourists know about the offers? How to generate it?/ Partners, supply-chain, marketing strategy?
- Stakeholders in Destination Management: Tourists, NGO´s, its usually to make a stakeholder anaylsis
2 priniciple way to adapt the business model: Agile and Longterm adaption
Tourist agency in Thüringen:
- Virtual CityTours and watch Party Erfurt
- They found out that most people are affraid of travelling far (due to Covid-19) --> they decided to have a new marketing strategy. --> Thuringia presented itself as a "friendly neighbour" and internationally (like Weimar is like Italy, and the Thüringer-forest like Peru) --> Emotional Video: Travel to Malaysia, Portugal etc...NEXT DOOR! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYS70g_9nqk
What to do after Covid-19? (e.g. Digitalizaton? Green Tourism? Localism?)